What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you think of mold? Penicillin, the antibiotic that has saved millions of lives, maybe?
However, let us talk about the other face of this fungus which is not that pleasant and attractive. It’s dangerous to our health, and in some cases, can cause even death.
Mold is a fungus which loves to spread and has the freedom to take over some places in your house. They are obvious to the human eyes on wet surfaces, in your kitchen, bathroom, basement, around air-conditioning units, in the walls, on the floor…However, it is more than important to emphasize that most mold is not visible.
Mold can spoil your food and damage your property. Moreover, it has a great impact on your health.
How does mold enter our body?
Through our skin when we touch surfaces where there is mold, breathing mold spores, eating rotten food.
Once it enters our body, it causes health problems.
Here are some signs how mold affects your health.
You get constant headaches that come out of nowhere because mold irritates your sinuses. Also, you are sensitive to light.
If your eyes get red and watery, this could be a sign that you are allergic to mold. Also, mold irritates nose and throat which will make you sneeze.
Mold can cause a problem with your sinuses, and you may experience a shortness of breath. Also, it leads to coughing which can develop into pneumonia and bronchitis.
You may constantly feel sick at home, have diarrhea, stomach pain, vomiting. Also, there will be drastic changes in your appetite.
This means you will feel thirsty, and because of that, you will visit the bathroom more often than usual.
A feeling of being tired
You may feel weak and tired and have a constant need for rest.
Other symptoms: metallic taste, mood swings, skin infections, nosebleeds, muscle pain…
Mold shots down your immune system. Therefore, it’s more than important to get rid of it as soon as possible.