The liver is an important organ responsible for filtering toxins and waste material from the body. If the organ’s function is affected, it will result in serious consequences on your health. The liver has numerous important functions in the body, including breaking down old red blood cells and paving the way for new ones. As you can see, the liver is very important for proper health, which is why we should pay attention to it more and try to keep it healthy. This organ is susceptible to many diseases and conditions which can damage it and cause numerous health problems. The most common causes of liver damage are unhealthy lifestyle, excessive alcohol consumption, being overweight and some medications. Luckily, the organ can be kept clean and healthy with the help of one fruit – tamarind.
Tamarind is a fruit that has been used in many natural remedies in Africa and Asia for centuries, and has recently gained a lot of popularity in the West. The fruit can relieve numerous gastrointestinal problems and is vital for the proper function of the cardiovascular system, but it can also be a great remedy for your liver. Tamarind can detoxify your liver and eliminate the fat in it, effectively reducing the risk of numerous liver diseases and conditions. The fruit will also improve your digestion, lower your cholesterol levels, cure any bile problems and improve your overall health.
Here’s a natural recipe that can treat hepatitis and fatty liver disease:
- Wash 2 handfuls of tamarind leaves and mix them in a blender, then add a liter of water and mix again. Now, strain the mixture and consume the mixture during the day to restore the function of your liver.
- You can also prepare tamarind tea – just boil 25 tamarind leaves in a pot of water, then leave the mixture to cool down and strain it. For best results, you should drink the tea twice a day (in the morning and evening).
Here are the main health benefits of tamarind:
- Tamarind can neutralize acids in your body and improve the function of the bile;
- It has been used as a natural remedy against dysentery for a long time;
- Tamarind will regulate your digestion and prevent problems such as constipation. Just eat a couple of tablespoons of boiled tamarind and you will feel much better.
- Tamarind has been used to relieve intestinal infections in children and infants;
- The fruit will lower your cholesterol levels and improve your cardiovascular health;
- Thanks to the high vitamin C content, tamarind can strengthen your immune system and help your body fight infections;
- Drinking tamarind leaves tea has been known to reduce malarial fever;
- Eating tamarind can resolve most liver problems such as hepatitis;
- The fruit contains important nutrients such as iron, thiamin, phosphorus, magnesium, fiber, calcium, niacin and copper. The unique nutrients it contains makes the fruit a real super-food;
- The fruit contains antioxidants such as phenols and naringenin which can fight several types of cancer.