Have you heard of the amazing health benefits of turmeric? I bet you have, it is after all the one of the oldest spices in the world, dating back to 2500 years ago. There are also thousands of scientific studies that confirm the amazing healing abilities of this aromatic spice, its anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral and many other properties.
Health Benefits of Turmeric
- Turmeric acts as a natural antibacterial and antiseptic agent which can treat minor cuts and burns.
- If you combine it with cauliflower it can prevent prostate cancer and proliferation of prostate cancer cells
- Mice studies have shown it can prevent breast cancer from metastases in the lungs.
- It can lower your risk of skin cancer or melanoma.
- It lowers the risk of infant leukemia.
- It acts as a natural detoxifier for the liver.
- It can prevent the onset and progression of Alzheimer’s.
- It has potent anti-inflammatory properties which help with inflammatory diseases.
- It can lower the risk of metastases in almost every type of cancer
- It has shown promising results in decelerating MS progression in mice.
- It acts as a powerful natural painkiller.
- Can speed up your metabolism and boost weight loss.
- Chinese traditional medicine promotes its use as an anti-depressant.
- It can help with arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
- Reduces the effects of chemotherapy drug paclitaxel and boosts its positive effects.
- There are studies that suggest it has a beneficial effect in the treatment of pancreatic cancer.
- It speeds up the healing process and skin regeneration.
- It can help with psoriasis and similar inflammatory skin conditions.
- It can prevent liver damage.
- It can successfully inhibit the growth of melanoma and other skin cancer types, as well as reduce the risk of metastasis to the lungs.
- Studies have shown that a pretreatment with turmeric can make the cancer cells more susceptible to radiation and chemotherapy.
- According to some researchers the fact that turmeric is so widely present in Indian cuisine may account for the low occurrence of Alzheimer’s in the country.
The best thing about turmeric is that you only need a small amount of it on a daily basis in order to take advantage of all of these health benefits. One teaspoon of this exotic spice every day is plenty to promote your overall health and prevent all of the diseases mentioned above. Even more, it’s super easy to add this delicious spice to your diet, it goes well in every meal, salad, smoothie or drink. Below you can find a few suggestions on how to enrich your diet with turmeric and benefit from it!
Below are some of the most common and easiest ways to get more turmeric into your life!
- Add some flavor to your food.
You can add turmeric to every meal you choose, except for desert, and add some flavor and spiciness to your ordinary dishes. It goes well with veggies, meat, eggs and you can even add it to your pasta, soup or rice, everything will taste much better, believe me!
- Make a hot cup of turmeric tea.
Boil some water (4 cups) and add a spoonful of turmeric to it. Let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes and set it aside. Strain your turmeric tea through a sieve and you can add some lemon juice or honey for flavor and drink it while it’s hot.
- Turmeric as a supplement
Turmeric is available in the form of supplements, for those days when you simple don’t have time to cook with the spice. Make sure the supplements you buy are 100% organic and consult with your doctor about the appropriate dosage.
- Turmeric + castor oil = excellent skin detox
If you combine turmeric with some castor oil you’ll make an excellent skin detox remedy. You can apply the mixture under your arms and on your breasts to flush out all the harmful toxins through the skin out of your lymph nodes.