Nowadays, there are many people who have health problems like heart disease. Cardiovascular disease is a very efficient killer. You have to adjust your diet and decrease any risk factor.
Heart Disease: A Silent Serial Killer
Almost 17.3 m deaths happen because of cardiovascular disease every year. It comprises more of the deaths caused by cancer. You need to know what the potential heart problems are so that you can protect yourself from stroke, heart attacks, heart failure or angina.
Some of the main causes of heart disease are:
- High intake of salt
- Fast food and processed junk food
- Sedentary lifestyle
All of these reasons lead to having stiff, blocked and narrow blood vessels. Your blood finds it difficult to flow and your heart works harder.
Here are some of the most common symptoms of clogged arteries and heart disease:
- Throat pain
- Numbness in arms and legs
- Chest pain
- Jaw pain
- Shortness of breath
- Neck pain
If you try to have a healthier lifestyle, it will help you avoid atherosclerosis and clogged arteries. You just have to eliminate some foods from your diet.
Clogged Arteries: The Greatest Reason For A Heart Disease Dangerous For Your Life
This is one of the greatest problems which makes it difficult for you to have a healthy heart and blood flow. When plaque gathers or builds up inside your arteries, your blood finds it difficult to go into your cells and your brain.
Buildup of Plaque
This kind of a problem causes great damage for your circulatory system. It appears because of smoking, stress and poor diet. In case your arteries are really damaged, it means you have plaque build-up made of fat, minerals and cholesterol.
You can also start having LDL or otherwise called bad cholesterol in your artery walls which will start causing other health problems.
Your heart will have problems pumping blood. It becomes even more serious if this plaque somehow ends in your blood stream. You’ll experience a blood clot that will cause immense pain and you’re your blood.
How to stop it?
There is no known treatment that will help you dissolve plaque, but a proper diet as well as a healthy lifestyle can help you achieve that. You’ll have to avoid foods that contain trans-fats because the body can’t digest them, as well as foods which contain sugar, because it can cause inflammation in your circulatory system which can later lead to the appearance of atherosclerosis.
Avoid foods like:
- Fast food
- Processed milk products
- Fatty Meats
12 Whole Foods: Food for People with Heart Disease
Here, we’re going to show you 12 foods that people who have heart problems should definitely include in their diets more. They will help you decrease the plaque build-up as well as the cholesterol and you’ll have a stronger heart.
- Fresh fruit is abundant in vitamins, antioxidants, fiber and minerals that we all need for a healthy body. Your circulatory system will be protected if you include them more.
- Black bean contains an abundance of fiber that you need to decrease cholesterol.
- Mackerel is one of the best types of fish since it contains an abundance of Omega 3 that helps your blood vessels have a better elasticity, decreases your LDL, as well as your blood pressure. It also contains a lot of vitamin D that is necessary for people with heart problems.
- Spinach contains plenty of vitamins and minerals and decreases some enzymes that are critical for heart diseases.
- Avocados is abundant in potassium which regulates your heart rhythm and blood pressure, but it also contains monosaturated fats that decrease your bad cholesterol.
- Nuts are abundant in monosaturated fats, but also selenium and minerals. Selenium is connected to 15-57% of a smaller risk of heart problems.
- Flax contains vitamin E, omega 3’s and fiber which improve our circulation.
- Green tea decreases our lipid and cholesterol levels, but it also decreases our chances of having fats stored inside our arteries.
- Sunflower seeds contain an abundance of phytosterols and vitamin E that can protect us from high cholesterol. They contain healthy fats that decrease the cholesterol.
- Garlic reduces hypertension and cholesterol. That causes immense stress for your circulatory system.
- Capsicum is the main compound in cayenne peppers. It has the ability to control your levels of cholesterol and regulate inflammation.
- Lentils have the ability to decrease the bad cholesterol which means it also decreases the risk of heart problems.
You have to change your diet and your whole lifestyle if you want to protect yourself from cardiovascular disease. It is really dangerous. Make yourself a priority and have healthy habits!