If we made a quick list of the things that we are afraid of, we would all write different things, but if there is something that surely would not be missing from anyone’s list, it would be the fear of the passage of time.
Time is surely our greatest fear because we know that it can never be changed and that what has already happened can never be recovered. The lost and past time terrifies many women, and also men, who feel panic when they think about the idea of aging.
They feel discouraged and ignore how to age correctly or reach that moment without feeling sad and distressed.
What better than to get the advice of someone who has reached that age? A person who reached the age of 60 can give somebody who is half their age some wise advice that helps to rethink many things.
Margaret Manning, is a 60-year-old woman who has already passed through the ages of 30, 40 and 50 and who, according to the experiences collected throughout her life, was able to develop, with the help of other women her age, a series of tips that she wanted to share with everyone in a community created by herself called “Sixty and Me”.
Margaret stopped working when she was 60 years old and decided that she wanted to do something else with her life. Reinvent yourself in a more flexible way of living that would allow you to obtain other types of experiences. And the idea of making a list of tips for 30-year-old women came up when I was still working, I noticed the anxiety that these young women had with the idea of getting older.
That is why he decided to share in this community these very convenient tips for those who live a little anxious about the idea of aging.
Know these useful 60 tips!
1) Remember that you only have one life. It is not a general rehearsal so take advantage of it!
2) With each experience, stay positive and try to see the good side.
3) Live the present, here and now.
4) Live fully every day of your life because you never know what will happen tomorrow.
5) Always remember that everything can change at any moment.
6) Each stage of your life is magical. Love every moment and do not be afraid to go through different situations.
7) Live intensely the present and the now. Doing this while still young will help you when you reach 60 years old.
8) The future has not yet arrived and life is short to worry about him. Live today!
9) Do not get locked up. Enjoy the nature!
10) Look for a job or a hobby that provokes different sensations throughout your life and that makes you live different experiences.
11) Age with dignity! Do not change, be yourself.
12) Do not avoid getting old. It ages in a positive way.
13) Aging implies changes. Accept these changes in your body and in your mind.
14) Being faithful and honest with yourself is a slow process, but it’s worth it!
15) Keep memories as testimonies of your life, but always keep your feet on the ground.
16) Think about this: Virginia Woolf was right when she said that a woman needed a room for herself and 500 dollars.
17) Society marks stereotypes about aging. Forget them!
18) More than worry about aging, worry about not getting bored.
19) Age is just a bunch of numbers and does not define who you are as a person.
20) Even if we do not like it, time is relentless and does not stop. Live it fully!
21) Never stop looking for sources of inspiration.
22) Never stop training. Cultivate yourself, read, travel and learn.
23) Do not worry about fashion. You will always be well dressed if you buy classic clothes.
24) Do not spend fortunes on shoes because men never look at your feet.
25) Do not try to fill your gaps with people or useless things.
26) We all have our own inner light. Let’s shine in a lively, real and conscious way.
27) Do not worry about wrinkles. Imagine that they are like the road maps of your life.
28) Being happy is not difficult. Live with passion, love, with an open heart, attentive eyes.
29) Live thinking that the best is always to come.
30) Do not complicate your little moments of pleasure. enjoy them.
31) Love and respect your partner and your children in the same way you would want them to do it with you.
32) Love on a freeway and without conditions.
33) The right time to have children is when you want them.
34) Be tolerant of yourself and those around you.
35) Do not deprive yourself of taking pictures. Your loved ones will not always be there and you will be happy to see them.
36) Learn to forgive the younger ones.
37) Get rid of your anger and your grudges. Be always grateful and let happiness fill your life.
38) Keep your closest friends. This is fundamental!
39) Value your loved ones. They will always be there for you.
40) Never go to sleep angry with yourself or with others.
41) Do not let a day go by without telling your partner, your children, your family and your friends that you love them.
42) At 30 you are already a real woman. Appreciate and enjoy your beauty!
43) Do not waste time worrying about things you can not change. Instead of doing that, change the things that you can change.
44) No matter how hard you try, you can never change to another. Get away from the relationships that hurt you as soon as possible.
45) Take care of your skin but never stop smiling.
46) Never speak ill of yourself and always trust your instinct.
47) Do not take into account what you can not control and be patient with yourself.
48) Learn to laugh at yourself. Do not lock yourself in the seriousness.
49) Find a little time for yourself every day. He laughs and smiles.
50) No one is perfect. Just be yourself.
51) If you choose to have children, love them; but never try to be a perfect mother.
52) Allow your child to be your teacher. Children are capable of teaching many things.
53) Do not depend on anyone. Be brave, learn to be self-sufficient and independent. Develop your own resources.
54) Do not let yourself be overcome by fear.
55) Never leave spirituality aside.
56) Never stop being grateful. Even when it’s a bad day there is always something good to learn.
57) Aging has a positive side: you have fewer responsibilities and more freedom. Enjoy this!
58) With age and experience, struggling is easier. Take advantage of!
59) Never allow someone to tell you that you are too old or too young to do something. That is your decision!
60) Aging should not make you afraid. It is another moment of life in which you will feel good because nature prepares us for each stage we must live.
At this point, you probably already discovered that these tips are not intended only for women of 30 or men of 30 if not anyone who has a misconception about the idea of aging.
This should not be a fear because it is a society that makes us believe that we will be less beautiful, less intelligent, less attractive or that we will have fewer possibilities of doing things.
Each age is a different stage to which we must adapt and with which we should feel good. The resources to achieve it are in our hands!
Do not hesitate to share these wonderful teachings of someone who was already there, and we even hope you add your own advice.
All experiences are important!