Home / General / Mother Loses Eye Due To Common Makeup Mistake.

Mother Loses Eye Due To Common Makeup Mistake.

Erica Diaz, a mother of two suffered a freak accident after using a common makeup product. Erica came home after a night out with her friends and went to wash the makeup off her face. As she cleaned her face,  she noticed that her eyelid felt strange. Erica soon realized that a piece of glitter from the eye makeup she had worn earlier was lodged into her eye.

The glitter did much more damage than you might anticipate, it ended up cutting her cornea, leaving her with a nasty infection. The infection spread quickly. Soon, Erica’s eye was filled with puss. She felt intense pressure and excruciating pain, and she headed to the hospital.

For the past year, she has been documenting her medical process on Imgur. She had two cornea transplants, both of which were unsuccessful. When doctors became worried that her eye was at risk for sepsis, they no longer wanted to take the risk. Erica’s eye was completely removed.

Erica now has a prosthetic eye in place. As a side effect of her medical treatments, she also experienced the loss of her hair, eyebrows and eyelashes. Glitter is sparkly and fun to play around with, but Erica almost lost her life because of it. Because of a tiny speck of glitter. She urged people, “I beg you, PLEASE wear eye protection when dealing with glitter.”

The next time you think about purchasing some glittery eye shadow for a night out, or throwing some glitter on a DIY craft, you might think twice because of Erica’s story.

Source: http://www.faithpanda.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *