Our hair usually starts growing gray because of age. With age, our hair follicles slow down their ability to produce melanin and this makes the hair become white or grey.
It can be a problem if you start growing gray hair prematurely.
People find dying their hair to be their best solution, but there are also numerous other ways to help you against hair whitening.
Here, we’re going to present you a very simple recipe that can prevent your hair from becoming gray or white.
- 5 or 6 medium or large potatoes
- A large pot
- A colander
- A big bowl
- A bottle of old shampoo
- A moisturizing shampoo and conditioner
- A towel
HERE’S WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
Remove the skin from the potatoes using a peeler. Put the potato aside and then, put the skin of the potato into a large pot with half a gallon of water. Leave the water with the skin of the potatoes to boil over high heat for about 20 or 30 minutes. Strain the water using a strainer into a large bowl, but make sure you separate the skin and the water. Save the water in a jar but flush the husks. Moisturize and wash your hair using good moisturizing products, because you should know that gray hair is more fragile and dry than other types of hair. Put this mixture on your hair and keep it for 2 minutes. Rinse your hair using warm water after that.
Tips to prevent gray hair
1. Do not stress. Stress ages our skin and hair much faster! Don’t worry about anything. Just relax.
2. Do not smoke. Numerous studies show that smoking can cause a lot of negative health effects from every point of view, but also our appearance. Only one cigarette can cause premature aging of the skin and hair. It reduces the oxygenation of our cells as well as the blood circulation.
3. Stay hydrated. You have to drink at least 8 glasses of water per day. Make sure you don’t drink coffee in excessive amounts. Try to eliminate the intake of alcohol. These are beverages that dehydrate your body. Good hydration offers your hair the most essential nutrients. They’re the ones that keep it healthier, more attractive and younger.
4. Consume foods rich in copper. According to recent studies, the early appearance of gray hair appears because of the lack of copper in our diet. You can intake more copper by eating turnips, spinach, beans, pineapples, meats, pomegranates, blackberries and almonds.