It’s very important for you to understand that our feet are a very important part of our bodies, even though we are often unaware of this. This means that you should take a really good care of your feet, because the right methods can help you prevent against back, hip and knee pain. Acupressure has been a part of the ancient Chinese medicine for more than 5,000 years. According to the experts, by putting a good amount of pressure on certain points on the body it can help you relieve stress, stimulate the function of different organs and treats some health conditions. It works the same way as acupuncture, but here we use our fingertips instead of needles.
- Toe Presses
Follow the simple instructions:
- Warm up your leg muscles before starting any exercise.
- NOTE: a great way to warm up and relax your feet is toe presses.
- While standing, slightly bend your knees then grip the floor with your toes.
- Hold in that position and count to three.
- Repeat this exercise three times a day doing 10 sets each time.
- Toe Walking
NOTE: this exercise can be done by anyone! Toe walking strengthens the toe muscles, the muscles around the balls of your feet, and ligaments
- Stand on your tiptoes and move forward for 20 seconds.
- Then rest 10-15 seconds and walk again 5 more times.
- For better outcome, do it twice a day.
- Ankle circles
The ankle’s mobility and flexibility are also very important for you and your feet. And, the overload of the body is a reason for tight and restricted ankle, which results in muscle and joint pain. NOTE: back, hip, and knee pain can be caused by tight muscles.
- Lie on the back and extend one leg overhead.
- Rotate clockwise the ankle of the extended leg and count to 10.
- Switch legs and make a repetition with your other leg.
- You should do this exercise every day!
- Resisted Flexion
Ladies and gentlemen, the main target of this exercise is the small foot muscles, which have a responsibility to maintain balance. This exercise can help you to tighten your muscles and prevent the injuries.
- Sit on the floor, straighten the feet in front of you and wrap an exercise band around the bedpost.
- Put the band on the top of your feet and lean backward in order to tighten the band.
- Bend the foot backward and keep this position for 5 seconds.
- Make a break, and repeat 10 times more!
- Toe Pencil Pickups
Just follow the simple instructions:
- Put a pencil on the floor and lift it off the floor.
- Keep it for 10 seconds then you can release it.
- You need to make 5 repetitions for both feet.