Alkaline balance is vital for our health. Your immune system, enzymes, bacteria in your gut, and repair mechanisms all work their best in a slightly alkaline environment. An acid body indicates that your body do not work as efficiently as it should.
It has been scientifically proven that when your body pH levels become too acidic (a condition known as acidosis), you are much more susceptible to numerous diseases including:
- Chronic inflammation
- Slow metabolism, obesity, and inability to lose weight
- High blood pressure
- Bladder and kidney problems, including kidney stones
- Weakened immune system
- Yeast/fungal overgrowth
- Low energy and chronic fatigue
- Mood swings
- Premature aging
- Osteoporosis, weak or brittle bones, fractures and bone spurs
- Joint pain, muscle pain, and lactic acid buildup
- Slow digestion and elimination
Pharmaceutical drugs, medications, and toxic chemicals lower the pH of the body and that is the reason why there are side effects. When the body’s pH drops below 6,4, digestion is reduced, enzymes are deactivated, vitamins, minerals and food supplements can’t be absorbed effectively.
Acid reduces energy generation in the cells, the ability to rebuild damaged cells, the ability to detoxify heavy metals, and makes the body more susceptible to fatigue and illness. In fact, your body pH affects everything.
Research has proven that disease cannot survive in an alkaline state, and that, viruses, bacteria, yeast, mold, fungus, candida, and cancer cells thrive in an acidic, low oxygen, low pH environment.
The body will try to compensate for acid by utilizing alkaline mineral reserves, like sodium from the stomach, and calcium from the bones. In fact, this is a primary cause of osteoporosis and a number of other diseases.
If there are not enough minerals in the diet to compensate, the acid build-up in the cells will occur, resulting in symptoms like pain, diabetes, cancer, obesity, migraines, osteoporosis, arthritis, gout, cataracts, stroke, morning sickness, and allergies.
How to check your pH balance
Urine and saliva pH of terminal cancer patients almost always runs between 4.0 and 5.5. When cancer goes into metastases the pH drops even lower.
The good news is that you can easily test your pH levels at home. You can test your pH with inexpensive pH test strips that you can buy online or in health food stores.
You can test your pH levels often throughout the day, but try to do so at the same time each morning, as your body will be more acidic the earlier you measure. The goal is to get your morning urine pH between 6.5 and 7.5.
For saliva, your pH should be similar to your urine. Wait at least two hours after eating to measure your saliva pH. Fill your mouth with saliva and then swallow it. Repeat this step again to ensure your spit is clean, and then place some saliva on the pH strip.
Cancer thrives in an acidic environment. Do this to make your body alkaline as quickly as possible
- First thing in the morning, gently warm a glass of quality water. Then squeeze the juice from half of an organic lemon into the warmed water and mix in 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda for a refreshing, alkalizing drink.
- Consume fresh juices with green fruits and vegetables. Add some wheat grass, barley grass, kelp, cayenne, chlorella and spirulina in your green smoothie and drink this every single day.
- Avoid fast foods which include refined and processed products.
- Order alkaline water online, purchase it from your health store or make it at your home.
- Instead of using commercial and highly toxic cleaning agents that can increase the acidic level in your body, use natural ones like plant proteins and diluted apple cider vinegar or essential oils.
- Avoid GMO plant and animal products as much as you can, and use only grass-fed organic animal products.
- Always use natural conditioner, shampoo, facial cream, makeup, soap, and mouthwash. Avoid commercial products loaded with toxic chemicals and synthetic additives which are dangerous to your health.