Today we will present you a recipe for a chocolate candy that doesn’t contain any refined sugar, oil, or artificial ingredients that are commonly found in most store-bought candies.
With only 5 minutes needed for preparation work, this homemade candy is probably the easiest dessert you will ever make. The use of ice cube tray is our secret trick to make these treats look fancy when in fact, they are so easy-to-make.
Start by heating the almond milk, vanilla extract, and cocoa powder in a saucepan. Then add a handful of dark chocolate chips to melt them. This is easiest (and the best) way to melt chocolate chips and make them creamy and tasty. Transfer the mixture to an ice cube tray, freeze, and ENJOY!
You can eat these dark chocolate cubes alone, or add them to smoothies, coffee, and even to a hot chocolate.
Ice Cube Tray Dark Chocolate
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- Total Time: 4 Hours
- Serves: 9
You will need:
- 3 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of espresso powder
- First, heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Next, add almond milk, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract, and whisk the ingredients constantly for about 5 minutes (or until thick and frothy). Turn off the heat.
- Then, add dark chocolate chips to a heatproof (metal or glass) bowl, then pour the hot milk mixture over them, and whisk the chips until they melt completely.
- Let the mixture cool for a few minutes, then transfer it to an ice cube tray, dividing it evenly among each cavity.
- Place in the freezer for about 4 hours (or until hardened). Remove the treats from the ice cube tray and ENJOY!
Tip: You can also add the optional ingredients to the recipe in order to enrich the flavor even more.