Sciatica is a medical condition characterized by leg pain which can feel like a bad leg cramp, or shooting, excruciating pain, that make the sitting or standing almost impossible.
Sciatica is a symptom. It consists of leg pain, which might feel like a bad leg cramp, or it can be excruciating, shooting pain that makes standing or sitting nearly impossible. Sciatica can occur suddenly, or in some cases, it can develop gradually. Other symptoms include weakness, burning sensation down your leg or even in your toes and numbness.
Less common symptoms may include the inability to move your foot and toes and to bend your knee.
What causes sciatica?
Sciatica may be a symptom of a “pinched nerve”, affecting one or even more spinal nerves. The nerve can be pinched outside or inside the spinal canal
- The most common cause of sciatica is a herniated or slipped disc that causes pressure on a nerve root.
- Piriformis syndrome – This occurs when the piriformis muscle, a small muscle that lies deep in the buttocks, becomes tight or spasms, thus putting pressure on and irritating the sciatic nerve.
- Spinal stenosis – This develops as a result of the narrowing of the spinal canal with pressure on the nerves.
- This condition results from narrowing of the spinal canal with pressure on the nerves.
- Spondylolisthesis – condition in which one bone in your back (vertebra) slides forward over the bone below it, narrowing the opening through which the nerve exits.
Today, we have an effective homemade remedy which will help you to get rid of the back and sciatica pain once and for all! Just follow the instructions below:
- 2 cups organic coconut milk
- 4 organic aged cloves garlic
You should simmer the garlic cloves in the coconut milk on high heat for 30 minutes. Before consuming the drink, let it cool down.
Ginger essential oil is an incredible healing agent which has potent anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties. Many studies showed that it is a great pain reliever, having the ability to act on vanilloid receptors, located on sensory nerve endings, thus relieving pain related to arthritis.
The University of Miami conducted a study which showed that ginger extract should be a substitute for nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). The study compared the effects of a ginger extract to placebo in 247 individuals that suffer from osteoarthritis of the knee. Compared to placebo, the ginger reduced the stiffness and pain in knee joints by 40%.
A study conducted by the Researchers at the University of California, Los Angeles showed that ginger can affect certain inflammatory processes at a cellular level. Ginger has powerful antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-ulcer properties. Ginger is highly recommended for people who suffer from arthritis due to its analgesic properties.